OT: Re: windows SUCKS!!!

Jason Spatafore jasons at spatafore.net
Fri Jul 4 17:12:46 MST 2008

> honestly, after reading your earlier diatribe, I couldn't help but
> wonder what it has to do with Linux - after all, this is a Linux list.
>
> Yes, Microsoft, like other companies is heavily invested in technologies
> that seek to tie usage to a valid sale and they engage in this because
> they believe it to be a worthwhile strategy. I fail to see how/why this
> is of interest to a Linux mail list though.
>
> I find some of their other tactics such as their restrictive EULA, their
> active efforts into DRM at the expense of access to devices and
> documents are far more egregious than the activation scheme that you are
> railing about. Personally, I found it easy enough to just enter the
> installation codes after a sysprep install (in fact, you can automate
> the installation code process of sysprep).

Because, as I stated earlier, Red Hat and Novell are heading down the
same path. HOWEVER, RHEL and SLED/S are not crippling the system from
activation like MS did. (which is a plus in my book.)

Keep in mind the "Windows Sucks" email came first. I added the "OT" to
the subject line to accommodate the mail filters that are set up to
remove off topic discussions. Is this some type of etiquette violation
that you're speaking of here? I don't see the reason to address this
post as being of no interest to the Linux community.....etiquette
guidelines were followed...you have me quite perplexed on why such a
post is being singled out as of no interest to the Linux mail list. I
have seen several postings to the list that have been off-topic with no
declaration of being off-topic.