Linux Security Lab?

Lisa Kachold l_iesa at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 12:55:02 MST 2008

Is there any interest in a Security Lab?

At freegeek.org, (and various open source shops), we would setup say a 6 hour test lab to:

1) Test various security LiveCD's  (Labrat, NST)
2) Setup HoneyPots and IDS monitoring systems.
3) Create attacks using other tools, like Owasp.org's well written FAQ's and apps or testing Youtube security vid myths.

Some of the easiest quick examples would be:

a) nmap/nessus, and snort.
b) brute force ssh in less than a smoke break.

"Harder" (more advanced) labs could include top down OSI demos like XSS proxy, SQL Injection,  URI and/or all manner bottom up TCP/IP spoofing, ICMP, dhcp and DNS hacking.

We might also setup some quick tunnels running as a completely believable process name to show what it looks like to be pwn'd?

Any interest?

(503)754-4452 Blackberry || www.obnosis.com

via USB PPP EDVO/CDMA on Dell Latitude PII - Kubuntu 7.10