OT: WoW

Lisa Kachold l_iesa at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 08:04:02 MST 2008

Oh!  It's "daily down and dirty" true!  I have lived it, managing the support pools as senior systems administrator for ISP's in the DotCom startup years in the Pacific Northwest!

Except what they don't show is that ALL worked in root, used telnet and hosted international porn along with sites like Cmates.com and KGON/KNRX.com!   These were fledgling dialup days via Livingston Portmasters 23B+D, email hosting was POP intensive as 60,000 users' Netscape grabbed their mail spool every 10 minutes.

Ringing phones were answered by support staff, signing up users or setting up Web hosting; the sound of money that portended the richness that those entrepreneurs amassed, paying staff tragically little without benefits until the telco's absorbed the business.

(503)754-4452 Blackberry || www.obnosis.com

via USB PPP EDVO/CDMA < Dell Latitude > PII Kubuntu 7.10