INSTALL FEST Today UAT 10:00 - 16:00 = Watch http://live.yahoo.com/obnosis

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 14:44:48 MST 2008

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 10:27 AM, Lisa Kachold <l_iesa at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Yes, we had about 26 people show up through the day.   12 problems were
> brought.
>

> i) Ubuntu: Building USB keys - we all refreshed our understanding of loop
> mounting ISO files, vmlinuz and initrd.gz as well as boot configuration
> files, paths, fdisk file types, and how to mount and build a system (even a
> very wee small one) from scratch. [We learned: 1)Not every USB key will
> work!  2) Not every Ubuntu Howto is a correct match for the mounted ISO file
> structure (Xubuntu for instance has no /casper directory  HO NOOS!!!!).

Actually, the .iso we had was the alternate install for xubuntu.  I
checked that evening and found the normal install for xubuntu DOES
have the casper directory so the instructions on pendrive.com were
probably correct.

--
Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only
animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and