Intel video specs

Nathan Aubrey nathan at paysonlinux.org
Thu Jan 31 21:39:39 MST 2008

On Friday 01 February 2008 12:47:04 am der.hans wrote:
> moin moin,
>
> Brian just let me know Intel released a reference manual for some of their
> graphics stuff.
>
> http://intellinuxgraphics.org/
>
> Most cool.
>
> With good driver support would those chipsets provide enough horsepower
> for Compiz-fusion?
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans

I have a Dell Inspiron 700M with the Intel chipset and it runs compiz-fusion
fairly well. I just purchased a HP Pavilion dv6755 and it has the Intel 965
graphics chipset and compiz runs AWESOME!

better than my nVidia on my workstation... IMO.

I really like the intel video chips, though I don't play WOW or anything.
Compiz is about as exciting as I get...

nathan