services

stu wien33 at cox.net
Wed Jan 30 13:42:48 MST 2008

I haven't jumped into the Gentoo pool yet, but I'd like to give it a try
sometime. I do like the way I can net-install a base Debian system then pick
and choose whatever else I want. In fact, I have an old PII 300 laptop
running my own dedicated version of Debian Etch hidden in my desk at work for
when I need to edit/create graphics and sound files for presentations, which
I then transfer to my "work" desktop via usb stick.

On Wednesday 30 January 2008 11:55 am, Technomage-hawke wrote:
> hehehehe
> you guys should try gentoo sometime. it makes debian look dead easy.
>
> On Wednesday 30 January 2008 06:20, Michael Havens wrote:
> > this is why I ask so many questions!

> > > Oh, cool.  Never knew about this one!  Thx...

Microsoft needs people who can do as they're told...
GNU/Linux needs people who can TELL as they DO!