who is alex morton

Richard Daggett richard-daggett at daggettdesign.com
Tue Jan 29 19:53:34 MST 2008

Found this article about Alex Morton.  He created a mouse in 1992, but not
much on that either.

http://www.robelle.com/ftp/newsletter/1992/w1992-06.txt

MotorMouse: Just in Time for Christmas!

A Vancouver inventor has come up with an entirely new way of "driving" your
PC
cursor:  the MotorMouse. There are two models: exact miniature replicas of
the
Lamborghini Countach and Chevrolet Corvette. Alex Morton says he got the
idea
when  he  realized  that the hand motion involved in moving a mouse around
the
desk was one that he had been using since he was a kid playing with toy
cars.
"We  want  to put some fun back into computing," said Morton. MotorMouse
comes
with Cruise Control software for Windows,  which  allows  you  to  change
the
standard  arrow-shaped cursor to the car model of your choice. Not only is
the
image of the car driving around the screen realistic, but you finally  can
do
something  useful  with  the  middle mouse button: sound the horn! The
company
plans to announce additional models in the near future. MotorMouse  should
be
available from Egghead Software and Software Etc.

Richard