swap space

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Tue Jan 29 13:24:44 MST 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 01:17:05PM -0700, Michael Havens wrote:
> I want to make use of my floppy disk; thus I wish to use it as my swap space.
> How many bytes
>
> I was wondering.... a flopy drive is very much useless. Why not use it as the
> swap space?  If we were going to how many bytes/blocks are in a floppy?

I don't think this is wise. Mostly you don't need swap much these days.
When you *do* need swap, having it on floppy would bring your system to
its knees.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/