instalation path

Michael Havens bmike101 at cox.net
Sat Jan 26 06:49:53 MST 2008

already done.... response:

	bmike1 at 1[install_flash_player_9_linux]$ which mozilla
	/usr/bin/mozilla
	bmike1 at 1[install_flash_player_9_linux]$

but in the flash instalation script it tells me:

	Please enter the installation path of the Mozilla, SeaMonkey,
	or Firefox browser (i.e., /usr/lib/mozilla): /usr/lib/mozilla
	dir= /usr/lib/mozilla

	WARNING: Please enter a valid installation path.

here is what I did leading up to the failure message:
goofy me! the script says to exit all browsers but I didn't see that until now
and everything worked after I did..... thanks for your help!

bmike1 at 1[~]$ cd '/home/bmike1/Desktop/install_flash_player_9_linux'
bmike1 at 1[install_flash_player_9_linux]$ sudo ./flashplayer-installer

Copyright(C) 2002-2006 Adobe Macromedia Software LLC.  All rights reserved.

Adobe Flash Player 9 for Linux

Adobe Flash Player 9 will be installed on this machine.

You are running the Adobe Flash Player installer as the "root" user.
Adobe Flash Player 9 will be installed system-wide.

Support is available at http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/

To install Adobe Flash Player 9 now, press ENTER.

To cancel the installation at any time, press Control-C.

NOTE: Please exit any browsers you may have running.

Press ENTER to continue...

Please enter the installation path of the Mozilla, SeaMonkey,
or Firefox browser
(i.e., /usr/lib/mozilla): /usr/lib/mozilla /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox
dir= /usr/lib/mozilla /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox

WARNING: /usr/lib/mozilla /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox is not a directory.

Please enter the installation path of the Mozilla, SeaMonkey,
or Firefox browser (i.e., /usr/lib/mozilla): /usr/lib/mozilla
dir= /usr/lib/mozilla

WARNING: Please enter a valid installation path.

Please enter the installation path of the Mozilla, SeaMonkey,
or Firefox browser (i.e., /usr/lib/mozilla): /usr/bin/firefox
dir= /usr/bin/firefox

WARNING: /usr/bin/firefox is not a directory.

Please enter the installation path of the Mozilla, SeaMonkey,
or Firefox browser (i.e., /usr/lib/mozilla): /usr/bin
dir= /usr/bin