Installfest is on - I need help

alexanderhenry at cox.net alexanderhenry at cox.net
Wed Jan 23 21:14:52 MST 2008

BTW, last October I left early, someone else has my stuff.  I left a Linksys wired-only router and a power strip.  I'm not sure who would have it.

Well, I can't announce the Installfest.  I'll use the Google Calendar entry for the formal reminder.

Reason why, my NIC died.  Used a 10yr+ old tx530+ NIC from an old box, Windows works fine but Gentoo didn't.  Recompiled the kernel with the 8130too driver, no good.  Bought a Netgear FA311, compiled the National Semiconductor DP8381X driver, no good.  Compiled a kernel with all 10/100 Ethernet controllers that gentoo has for it resident, not modular, in the kernel, nether card is any good on Gentoo.  Just booted windows on the tx530, it's fine.

About the best I could hope for is another set of eyes to get it working..

thanks all!