how best to convert a pdf to a high-res jpg?

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Tue Jan 22 22:47:48 MST 2008

Problem with his PDF is that it uses a copyrighted font, if you try to
load it natively into illustrator or photo shop it will force a font
substitution (Since I do not have that font) The substitution is not
that close to the original either.  Even if it is not very F/OSS I did
try it that way first just to see how complex the image was.
However, since we are speaking of windows software and F/OSS solutions;
I have used apps like Genuine Fractals in the past, and was wondering if
anyone know of a plug in for GIMP that was similar?