how best to convert a pdf to a high-res jpg?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Jan 22 20:32:59 MST 2008

> I need to convert this to a jpg so I can get a high-res photo
> print of this file.

Very easy if you just want the image from it.

The PDF you pointed us to contains an image.

The tool "pdfimages" from xpdf suite and also available with poppler-utils
can extract the images from a PDF. I have used it several times.

And I just tried it with the PDF you wanted. It works fine. (Use convert
or gm to convert the resulting Netpbm PPM file to JPEG if desired.)

  Jeremy C. Reed