OT: SAS drives

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Fri Jan 18 08:48:40 MST 2008

On Fri, Jan 18, 2008 at 07:33:05AM -0700, Shawn Badger wrote:
> I can't answer this question specifically, I can say that in my past
> experience the only thing different on the server drives has been the
> carriers to insert them into the chassis.
>
> Yes, there are the different spindle speeds and life expectancies, but as
> long as you stick with a brands like Seagate or IBM, you should have no
> problems with the drives for some time.

I agree. I have a couple of *reconditioned* seagate cheetahs than have
been running non-stop for years without a hiccup. Quality matters, and
generally server-grade drives from one of the good manufacturers will do
good.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/