Last Day on the PLUG

Technomage-hawke technomage.hawke at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 03:59:45 MST 2008

On Wednesday 16 January 2008 14:46, Nathan Aubrey wrote:
> I am moving into the world of law enforcement. As of Friday, 01/18/2008
> I am a police officer. All I know is linux, so I'll continue to use it, but
> since I rarely use it at home, just because I don't have internet access, I
> don't expect to do too much. I may not unsub, just continue to lurk.
>
> nathan

Nathan,
congrats.
I know a fair number of cops from my old job over at the store.

I was trying to get on as a police/911 dispatcher, but haven't heard back from
the carious departments I applied at (yet). I may have to resubmit my
applications.

as for linux usage, I still much prefer it to windows. However, if you are
going to be on patrol, you will find that the MDT's are windows powered
toughbooks. They do use a telnet like interface on one window for checking
data via the police mdt system. They may have other data access for other
info. I wouldn't mind working in the tech support dept for the city or state.

anyway, good luck with the new job.