A new wrinkle in the Howell case

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Jan 14 20:05:24 MST 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 17:17 -0700, eric© wrote:
> Is it possible to get through this stuff without people bickering like
> grade school children?  I'm sitting here waiting for a "my dad can
> beat up your dad" comment shortly...
----
you might have a valid point and you might find some people that agree

you might have noted that the threads revolving around litigation by
RIAA against our neighbors is off-topic since there's no evidence of
Linux anywhere.

Personally, I don't see this as an issue of bickering like grade school
children at all but I would guess that we have differing 'tact filters'

http://www.mit.edu/~jcb/tact.html

More specifically though, I do have the feeling that this is an issue of
interest to a great many of the list members.

Lastly, Chris is certainly bright enough to put forward a cogent
argument for his opinions and I thought I was genial enough the first 2
times I asked him to make his point relevant. I would think that a
vigorous discussion (even dissent) is a healthy way to advocate an
opinion.

Besides, my dad is dead and before that, always made it clear that I was
to fight my own battles.

Craig