Source to purchase "old" RAM?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Jan 12 05:25:17 MST 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 23:54 -0700, Alan Dayley wrote:
> I have the need to upgrade the RAM in an older computer.  It is an Intel
> Desktop Board D810EMO
> (http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/d810emo) and maxes
> out at 256MB RAM.  So I need a single 256MB RAM module.  Kingston
> describes it as: "Standard 32M X 64 Non-ECC 100MHz 168-pin Unbuffered
> DIMM (SDRAM, 3.3V, CL2, Double-Sided, Gold)"
>
> The problem is I cannot find a source to purchase some locally and the
> online places that list it are unknown to me.  Does anyone have a good
> local source to purchase something like this?
----
sounds like standard PC-100 memory to me which shouldn't be that hard to
find except that I don't recall seeing 256 Mb PC-100 sticks but did see
PC-133 in 256MB sticks which seemed to be usable on anything that called
for PC-100.

That said, you can always try, thechipmerchant.com - I have found them
to be easy to deal with except that they don't take returns of memory
(without restock) if it has been opened.

Craig