lawyer Ira Schwartz, Nov. 19, 1996 memories, etc. (was: Re: [...] RIAA document)

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Jan 8 19:48:59 MST 2008

Why not ask the same Ira Schwartz who evidently has done user group
meetings before but I would definitely not mention the concept of
'grilling' him.

Yes, it was a jab at Microsoft for disabling current versions ability to
read older data files and also a jab at Microsoft because they feel that
they have a patent in their pocket that covers other products from
reading proprietary Microsoft formats but that is absurd because laches
(I think is how it is spelled), would certainly apply (they failed to
pursue their infringement claims for too long). IANAL as everyone should
now realize.

Craig