IPTables Intermittent Stopping

Jay jay at kinetic.org
Mon Jan 7 12:52:24 MST 2008

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008, Erich Newell wrote:

> How often does this "cycle" back and forth? Can you make any kind of
> prediction whether or not it will be "up"?

I have not been able to accurately predict it, but the cycles seem to be
anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. I just did 10 scans, the
first six all showed iptables not working, then it kicked in and the last
four all had iptables working. I have seen it not work on one scan and
start working on the next scan, then not work again, ... back-and-forth.

--
~Jay