IPTables Intermittent Stopping

Jay jay at kinetic.org
Mon Jan 7 12:43:11 MST 2008

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008, Joshua Zeidner wrote:

> using arent just some UI for Nmap.  Is this machine running IP tables
> some kind of gateway/firewall?

I just repeated with good ole' telnet. When iptables is not working, I can
connect, then a few seconds later, it is rejected. The servers (the same
problem is happening on two servers) are just running standard iptables.
It is still very clear that iptables is intermittently intercepting
packets in the kernel (as it should) and intermittently not.

~Jay

>> Nonetheless, I am seeing the same results from another port scanner too.
>>

> sure that IPtables is not being killed, if the current theory is that
> IPtables is being terminated for some reason.
>
>  -jmz

~Jay