an example of an aggressive defense against RIAA claims

Chris Gehlker canyonrat at mac.com
Mon Jan 7 10:31:11 MST 2008

On Jan 7, 2008, at 9:56 AM, Craig White wrote:

> The public relations aspect is clearly of lesser concern...look at
> Thomas, a single mother. On a scale of public relations nightmares,
> picking on old ladies, young children, young mothers with children are
> the next least desirable from a public relations point of view. But
> obviously the case climate is what they saw as favorable and so they
> proceeded.

I don't think we disagree here. By 'PR campaign' I meant RIAA's
campaign to scare people, not some campaign to be popular. I think
they  know that their target demographic tends to be judgement proof
in the sense that they are young and too poor to actually pay any
awards that the RIAA might win. So the RIAA is effectively saying,
'It's not just about money.  We will invade your privacy and trash
your reputation if you cross us'.

--
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who
could not hear the music.