Sccts guy contradicts RIAA document

Chris Gehlker canyonrat at mac.com
Sun Jan 6 21:28:40 MST 2008

On Jan 6, 2008, at 7:35 PM, Craig White wrote:

> The story wasn't what was in the pleadings, regardless of what Fisher
> said. He got the story right but he is not, nor will he ever be an
> intellectual property expert.

No, he did not 'get the story right'. He said he was reporting on the
pleadings and then he misrepresented what the pleadings said. They are
fairly straightforward but if he really didn't understand them, then
he had an obligation not to file his report.

I don't believe he misunderstood the pleadings. He simply
mischaracterized and sensationalized them.

> Plaintiff continually refuses to admit that defendant has any legal
> right to have mp3 versions of CD's on his computer for any reason.

*After* Fisher's story was published the plaintiff's spokesman
wouldn't confirm that his client recognized the right to have personal
copies. That can't conceivably make Fisher's story accurate. If I post
a story to this list saying that Craig White died yesterday it is
hardly an accurate story simply because you are not immortal.

--
Seven Deadly Sins? I thought it was a to-do list!