other "unrelated" links (was: Re: lawyer Ira Schwartz [...] (was: Re: [...] RIAA document))

Mike Schwartz schwartz at acm.org
Sun Jan 6 20:31:57 MST 2008

On Jan 6, 2008 6:41 PM, Mike Schwartz <schwartz at acm.org> wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2008 12:31 PM, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:

> > > "So far", this has been a very interesting thread.
> > > I haven't followed (read) "all" of the links [...snip...]
> > >    HOWEVER, the main reason I am writing now, is that I noticed
> > > that der.hans picked up on something about the lawyer Ira Schwartz.
> > > (**NOTE**: no relation to me, as far as I know).
> > >    It's just that, a lawyer named Ira M. Schwartz (probably the same guy)
> > > came and spoke to the Phoenix Chapter ACM [...] on Tues., Nov. 19, 1996.
> > >     [...major snip...]
> > >     Just thought this was interesting...
> > > (even though - as far as I know - this lawyer Ira Schwartz is no
> > > relation to me).
> > ----
> > #1 - I previously provided links to the slashdot article about the 'old'
> > archived RIAA statements about fair use. That link however, is not the
> > position of the RIAA today.
> >
> > #2 - It's clear that your Ira Schwartz and the attorney for the
> > plaintiff RIAA v. Howell are one and the
> > same...http://www.deconcinimcdonald.com/attorneys/schwartz.html
> >
> > #3 - Clearly you weren't using an up to date version of Microsoft Word
> > 2003 or Word 2007 to open that old document [...]
> >
> > Next time you run into Ira, you might want to inquire if he sleeps well
> > at night [...]
> >
> > Good to know that he isn't a relative but I recognize that all families
> > have their 'black sheep' - First hand proof that you can steal more
> > money with a pen than with a gun.
> >
> > Craig
>
> Thanks, Craig, for your comments.
> Here are some replies in response to some of them:
>
> > Clearly you weren't using an up to date version of Microsoft Word
> > 2003 or Word 2007 to open that old document [...]
>
> The copies of the old newsletter that I did read, (the ones I have found so far)
> are paper copies.  Not electronic.  [...]
>
> > [...]  if he sleeps well at night [...]
>
> Good one.
> ((maybe there is a course in law school that covers sleeping well...))
>
> >  all families have their 'black sheep' - [...]
>
> TRUE!  And in this case PUNNY too  [...] since "schwartz" [...] means "black".
>    [der.hans could probably elaborate better than I could...]
>
> > Next time you run into Ira, [...]
>
> Not too often.  Even Tony Rizzo has not kept in touch with Ira.
>
> --
> Mike Schwartz

I did some reading at
     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIAA_efforts_against_file_sharing
...pretty interesting stuff!
As far as I know, I am **also**  not related to
     RaeJ Schwartz
as in "Elektra v. Schwartz (Brooklyn, NY)" (see this:)
     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIAA_efforts_against_file_sharing#_note-73
which has a link to
     http://info.riaalawsuits.us/documents.htm#Elektra_v_Schwartz
and, as far as I know, I am **also**  not related to
     John Schwartz
author of a NY Times story [5 April 2004] called
     "A Heretical View of File Sharing"
(see this:)
     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RIAA_efforts_against_file_sharing#_note-90
which has a link to