Sccts guy contradicts RIAA document

Chris Gehlker canyonrat at mac.com
Fri Jan 4 08:33:53 MST 2008

On Jan 4, 2008, at 8:04 AM, Craig White wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 00:25 -0700, Chris Gehlker wrote:

>>> ----
>>> that was the authors own words and the authors description of his
>>> intent
>>> for his story (actually, now just a partial since you have removed
>>> some
>>> of the context).
>>>
>>> The reason that I included the amplification by the author was
>>> because
>>> it so completely spoke to your statement about why the author was
>>> wrong...
>>
>> Who is this author you are talking about?
> ----
> 'This author' is Marc Fisher, and what he specifically authored was
> the
> article in the Washington Post that caused the firestorm. Please pay
> attention.
>
> Now that you have completely sidetracked the thread, I will remind you
> of how we got here. You claimed that the author didn't mean to make
> that
> specific point and I gave you the direct reference in the authors
> words,
> he made it clear that it was precisely the point he intended to make.
>
> again, I will give you the link to this...
>
> http://blog.washingtonpost.com/rawfisher/2007/12/record_industry_to_consumers_e.html

That was not the link and I left the original link in the post so that
you  can simply look up and confirm that it is not the link.
[snip]

> ----
> so much for your ad hominem defense...the very nature of the above
> presumes that I wish some harm to come to you. It's as if you have
> absorbed nothing that I have been saying and merely want harm to fall
> upon you because we have differing opinions.

You publicly accused me of being a shill for the RIAA, twice. Of
course I think you wish me harm. You are doing me harm by attacking my
reputation. Apparently your ill will does  stem from the simple fact
that we disagree but I can't really know your motives.

> You probably need to familiarize yourself with Niemöller - just
> because
> it isn't the file sharing protocols that you are presently using isn't
> the current target of the RIAA doesn't mean that tomorrow, you won't
> be
> gracing their crosshairs tomorrow.

I keep saying that the particular file sharing protocol doesn't
matter. The fact that the file server is only accessible within my
household is  what matters. I don't understand why you keep going on
about protocols.

--
No matter how far you have gone on the wrong road, turn back.
  -Turkish proverb