Microsoft Office is now incompatible with...Microsoft Office

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 02:22:11 MST 2008

Couple things.  While Vista made number 1 on pcworlds disappointment
list, Office 2007 independently made the list (somewhere around #7 I
think).  The incompatibility is old news though.  What is new is that
MS has added readers/patches to allow users of older Office products
(at least 2003, maybe more) to READ the .docx files from Office 2007
but not to change them.  Your point remains valid, but OO doesn't
solve it either.  Another example of M$ arrogance.

BTW, XP SP3 will be including some Vista stuff though I do not know
what.  Scary though.

On Jan 3, 2008 9:53 PM, gm5729 <gm5729 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well with vista being named 2007 pcworlds worst software of the year
> and the price of new machines, new programs and such biz is gonna
> squeeze as much life out of their equipment as possible before
> upgrading.... cant wait for the xp serv pack block...... ;)
>

> On Jan 3, 2008 9:15 PM, gm5729 <gm5729 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > lol... good ole planned obscelescence ... it will be much easier now
> > to use OO for those older formats instead of keeping/obtaining older
> > M$ office stuff

Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only
animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and
what they ought to be.
  - William Hazlitt