Howell vs. Atlantic. Can we help?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Jan 3 22:50:47 MST 2008

moin moin,

lots and lots of email on this ( as well as some thread hijacking ).

I haven't been able to keep up with all of the emails.

Is the case still ongoing?

If it is, can we put together a list of items he might want to ask about?

It seems we have some ideas that might help him. Here are a couple items
that seem to have come up a few times.

Does Atlantic own the copyright for the 34 songs and have standing?

Can the RIAA prove he was sharing the songs rather than the software was
sharing the songs unbeknownst to him?

Were any of the songs actually downloaded or did they just appear to be
available?

In addition, if Atlantic didn't own the copyright and have standing did
Cox break the law or violate customer privacy by turning over private
customer information?

Do any of us know lawyers who might do some pro bono work in a case like
this?

ciao,

der.hans
#  "If class warfare is being waged in America, my class is clearly winning."
#    -- Warren Buffett