Sccts guy contradicts RIAA document

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Jan 3 08:26:53 MST 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 23:36 -0700, Matt Graham wrote:
> From: Alan Dayley <alandd at consultpros.com>
> > Craig White wrote:
> >> You can count on local news to completely botch the story - CNN too.
> > I don't like to watch the news.  Nearly any story on any topic that I
> > have some knowledge about, they get wrong somehow.  So, if that happens
> > every time with things I have knowledge of, how can I trust them for
> > things for which I don't have corroboration?
>
> Aye.  The purpose of TV is not to inform or entertain, it is to deliver
> your eyeballs to advertisers.  The programs are not the product, *you*
> are the product, and your attention is being sold to people at $25K for
> 30 seconds.  Newspapers are similar, but there's less money in paper,
> so they've cut copy editing to icanhascheezburger.com levels and replaced
> fact-checking with trying to make sure they won't be sued.  Note that
> it's *difficult* to convey The Truth to Joe Sixpack.  As such, it's no
> wonder that the mission of the media has changed from "Deliver the truth"
> to "Deliver what sells".  Some say that this has always been the media's
> mission.
>
> So, with all traditional media channels suspect, I have to get all my
> news from only reliable sources:  The Internet and small children.
> This has led me to believe that the only hope for the nation is to
> elect representatives from the Monster Raving Loony Party in 2008.
>
> /if you took any of this seriously... don't.
----
it's sort of hard to not take these things seriously when the MSM has
its own political agenda that reaches far beyond selling toothpaste and
the morass of pharmaceuticals that ensure continuity for the
Walgreens/CVS/Osco/etc. that can be found every 1/4 mile.

Forgetting for a moment, the lame networks such as the ones that bill
themselves as the 'Best Political Coverage in the Business' or 'Fair and
Balanced', simply look at the last 'debate' covered by MSNBC where
instead of asking a question about his 'Bill to consider impeach of the
vice president' or his 'Bill for Single Payer Health Care', that
venerable sage Tim Russert asks Dennis Kucinich if he believes in UFO's.

We have agenda driven media that goes far beyond driving eyeballs to
advertisers.

Craig