Need Help with APT

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Wed Jan 2 22:04:16 MST 2008

It looks, from your first error, like the EXT2 libs is from a distro, but the progs is generic, so the dependency strings don't match...  Zope may be an unrelated program that just got caught up due to being in a removable state.
try
sudo apt-get -f check
(That should either fix the problems, or return clean if there are none)
Then run these two to get your EXT2 utilities:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall e2fslibs
sudo apt-get install --reinstall e2fsprogs e2fsck-static (if the same error occurs, try reducing your repository list to just your distribution's main repositories, you may have multiple versions being pulled from different locations)

if ZOPE is really a problem, try this:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall zope2.9 zope2.10 zope-common