Jan topics?

Erich Newell erich.newell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 13:02:46 MST 2008

I suppose I could google this, but I'd rather generate
discussion...WHAT new sound stuff from RH?

Alsa based enhancements? or are we talking about another whole new
subsystem? I'd love to hear about anything that will make my sound
configuration woes a little less. Its one area I'm really not too
swift with.

- Erich

On Jan 2, 2008 3:55 AM, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:
> moin moin,
>
> for years we've been exploring alternative technologies to kick off the
> new year.
>
> This year I was thinking about either alternative platforms or alternative
> infrastructures.
>
> Alternative platforms would cover Free Software on platforms that aren't
> Free Software, such as m$, mac, Solaris, etc.
>
> *BSD is Free Software and we're generally open to *BSD content, but it
> doesn't come up that much, so we could also include *BSD if we want.
>
> Alternative infrastructures could cover things like compiz and the new
> sound stuff from RH.
>
> Any other suggestions?
>
> These types of topics work wonderfully when we get people willing to come
> talk about their experience with the topic. Heck, I don't know anything
> about the new sound system, so that has to come from someone else :).
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
> --
> #  https://www.LuftHans.com/        http://www.CiscoLearning.org/
> #  "Rock 'n' roll might not solve your problems, but it does let you dance
> #  all over them." -- Pete Townsend

"A man is defined by the questions that he asks; and the way he goes
about finding the answers to those questions is the way he goes
through life."