What the RIAA really said. (Bring it on!)

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 11:13:02 MST 2008

On Jan 2, 2008 7:07 AM, Vaughn Treude <vltreude at deru.com> wrote:
> Vaughn Treude wrote:
> > Maybe the Internet _has_ changed everything. A concern citizen raised
> > over $10
> He he, that's $10 million, of course.

  While I will refrain on proselytizing on this list, this particular
occurance is a perfect example of how out of touch the MSM and
mainstream politics is with the consent of the people.  I believe RP
raised the most of any candidate, and all I ever hear on the Boob Tube
is how irrelevant RP is and how he stands *no chance*, I repeat *no
chance* of being elected president.  Take a look at the Alexa ratings
of Ron Paul's site as opposed to Hillary's or Guilliani.  Hes kind of
like the 'Emmanuel Goldstein' character from Orwell's '1984'.

  http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/elfyourself.com?site0=ronpaul2008.com&site1=hillaryclinton.com&site2=barackobama.com%2F&site3=joinrudy2008.com&site4=.mittromney.com&y=r&z=3&h=400&w=700&range=1y&size=Large

  But we certainly need to relax rules on media ownership!

  btw- I don't agree with all of RP's policies.  He is not really the
best candidate technology-wise, but I think his character stands out
head and shoulders above any other.  At this point in history, what
the candidate claims to support is practically irrelevant anyway,
because they never come through with a single thing they promise.

  -jmz