What the RIAA really said.

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Jan 1 19:22:43 MST 2008

On Tue, 2008-01-01 at 19:13 -0700, Anthony Boynes wrote:
> On Jan 1, 2008 5:16 PM, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:
>
> > if you have forgotten how amarok scoured your hard drive looking for
> > music files, simply quit all instances of the program and
> > 'mv .kde/share/apps/amarok/ .kde/share/apps/amarok-bak'
> > and then restart amarok - you will see it find music files wherever they
> > are.
> >

> I've installed Amarok at least a half dozen times on various systems,
> and it has NEVER scoured my entire drive for files.  I always
> specificied in the options where the music files were located that I
> wanted it to use.  I even tried you suggestion, and it still did not
> search my drive.
----
you're right, perhaps there's another file that you have to move out of
the way.

If you've already run it, you would have to click the button 'Build
Collection' for it to scour your filesystem(s) - if you want to see the
button, click 'Context' on the left edge of the main window.

Perhaps I've confused it with Rhythmbox or GTKPod - I don't know but the
process is definitely there. I just went through it with Picasa (which
definitely scours) and a new, clean install of iTunes will definitely
scour your filesystems too.

Craig