Getting a new package added to CentOS

Mike Schwartz schwartz at acm.org
Mon Feb 25 14:28:44 MST 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Charles Jones
<charles.jones at ciscolearning.org> wrote:

>  Craig White wrote:
>  On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 14:01 -0700, Charles Jones wrote:
>
>  Craig White wrote:
>  On Mon, 2008-02-25 at 13:57 -0700, Charles Jones wrote:
>
>  I'm on a quest to get Hobbit Monitor (
> http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/hobbitmon ) added to several linux
> distros. Someone has already gotten it into Mandriva and Debian. I sort
> of volunteered to package it for Fedora (hopefully fc9), and CentOS.
>
> Has anyone submitted a package to CentOS before? I'm not sure if it
> belongs in the "contribs" repo, or "centosplus", or if it is even up to
> me to decide which repo it ends up in.
>
>  ----
> probably best to ask the CentOS packagers and I think that they have
> their own mail list for packagers.
>
> It's unlikely it would end up at any CentOS repository but perhaps EPEL
> repository would be the proper place.
>
>  Thanks for the tip. I suppose once I have gotten the hang of creating
> and maintaining packages I could submit it to dags and such as well.
>
> ----
> I believe that dag is starting to bundle for EPEL too...
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL
>
>  What's the difference between EPEL and CentOSPlus ?

I don't know. ("[...] CentOSPlus ");
But Russ Herrold has posted here (and even attended some
PLUG meetings [eg W side] in person); he might know
a thing or two about this . . .
     "R P Herrold <herrold at owlriver.com>"
at least, as of Mon, Jan 28, 2008 at 12:07 PM
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale  AZ
schwartz at acm.org