Live USB/Persistent USB Installs

Patrick C patrick.pxc.c at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 13:17:27 MST 2008

 I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with installing
Linux-based OSs to USB. A friend of mine is attempting it, but
understandably struggling (he's not very much a Linux guy, at least not yet)
with Ubuntu. As far as I can tell, there's no real standard way of doing it
(it varies across distribution, and most distributions don't have some
standard for installing to external HDD/USB). I'm in the middle of setting
one up right now, but it just duplicates the functionality of a (remastered)
(X)ubuntu LiveCD, and I'd prefer something persistent. If I'm not satisfied
with this, I'll just try to rig something up on my own, but I was wondering
if you folks had any advice/wisdom for me, first.

--
Amarok: Rediscover your music.
-- http://amarok.kde.org

Sabayon Linux: Cutting Gentoo's edge.