Samba team got protocol docs

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 11:46:40 MST 2008

I've used the Ximian Connector with Evolution when I was at the job
before last, since I didn't feel like using VMWare or any other
Windows runner for Outlook usage.  It uses http processes, and to be
honest back when I used it the abilities were borderline for my use.
For anyone who uses Exchange for anything truly Exchange related,
Ximian Connector really doesn't work too well.  I'm not being
M$-biased here since that's completely opposite of how I am.

I just wish there was something that wasn't $100+ that would talk MAPI
to Exchange and interact with a majority of Exchange's features, not
just email and a very weak interface to the calendaring.
I usually fell back on hooking up with POP3 for email on <insert my
favorite internet mail client>, and used the Outlook web access for
all of the other Exchange-specific features like calendaring, and
such.

--
Thanks,
Dan Lund

"This day we rescue a world from mysticism and tyranny, and usher in a
future brighter than anything we can imagine."