E-mail clients (was Re: Samba team got protocol docs)

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Wed Feb 20 12:26:51 MST 2008

After a long battle with technology, Shawn Badger wrote:
> I have not tried Sunbird yet, but I know that evolution works with Exchange
> well.

This really needs a caveat.  Evolution works with Exchange *if* you're using
an old version of Exchange.  Evolution goes through Exchange's web interface,
which mutates every release, so if you have an Exchange server newer than
2003 (maybe 2005?) then Evolution will fail miserably.  At least that's what
I found back in October.  Maybe things have improved by now.

--
   There is a budding morrow in midnight
     There is a triple sight in blindness keen...