Samba team got protocol docs

Erich Newell erich.newell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 11:02:32 MST 2008

Does anyone have a side by side feature by feature comparison between
Sunbird/T-Bird vs Evolution??? I'm not only interested in basic feature
list, but "functionality"...does one work better than the other at such-and
such, etc.

I've googled my brains out and cannot find any good info.

I used to be tethered to Outlook running in VMWare to an Exchange
server...but now that I'm working for myself I really want to tighten up
this end of my internal organization scheme and could use some advice.

Ideally, I would like to synchronize my palm pilot with an Exchange account
(calendar and email) as well as a Gmail account or two. MOST IMPORTANTLY,
I'm looking for a mechanism to make a "public" calendar that aggregates
multiple Google calendars and an Exchange calendar and would simply show
occupied/free time slots.

Thoughts?

Erich Newell
IT Security Consultant
CISSP / CISA / NSA IAM & IEM
San Francisco, CA

On Feb 20, 2008 10:51 AM, Shawn Badger <badger.shawn at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been using evolution for sometime to connect to exchange and it
> works well most of the time.
>

> On Feb 20, 2008 8:04 AM, Charles Jones <charles.jones at ciscolearning.org>
> wrote:
>
> > der.hans wrote:
> > > http://samba.org/samba/PFIF/
> > >
> > I wish this meant that soon we could have "native" support in Sunbird
> > and other opensource calendar progs that would allow to sync with
> > Exchange. Maybe I don't make full use of Samba now, but the current
> > version seems to be doing everything I need. What I would kill for is
> > the ability to kick Outlook to the curb forever, without having to
> > resort to the current various kludge methods of syncing exchange with
> > Sunbird and vice-versa.
> >
> > -Charles

"A man is defined by the questions that he asks; and the way he goes about
finding the answers to those questions is the way he goes through life."