Need Help with Gnome

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Wed Feb 20 08:39:51 MST 2008

Somehow, evince has become my default plugin for viewing pdf files in a
browser (epiphany, firefox, mozilla, etc.). Evince never displays the
pdf file. I have installed Acrobat and the plugin, but I still get
evince.

I tried to change the file association with pdf files by going to a pdf
file and right clicking on it to get to the properties. When I click on
properties, my screen "resets" and I never see the properties dialog. By
reset, I mean all the icons disappear, and then they come back.

How do I fix this so I can (1) edit file properties and (2) have my
browsers use acrobat as the default pdf viewer.

I am running debian testing with gnome 2.20.3.

Thanks!

Mark