installing from ISO file

Erich Newell erich.newell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 13:46:43 MST 2008

Cary,

There is most certainly a CD version for you to download. I run Ubuntu on
all of my systems and have never used anything but CDs burnt from ISOs
available on the main Ubuntu site.

- Erich

On Feb 18, 2008 1:28 PM, Kristian Erik Hermansen <
kristian.hermansen at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 18, 2008 12:02 PM, cary mabe <cary.mabe at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello again!  It has been a while since I posted, mostly time spent
> > "playing" with my comp and learning new things by the minute.  I have a
> > question that I hope someone here can answer.  I have been trying
> umpteen
> > different distros and also dual and triple-boot setups on my comp and
> I've
> > run across a flavor of ubuntu that I can only install from DVD. . . .
> and
> > DVD readers I have none.  BUT I do have the ISO file downloaded to
> install
> > to DVD.  Here's the question. . . can I install the the new OS directly
> from
> > the ISO file on my hard drive?  and if so could someone give me a short
> > HOWTO or mebbe point me to a link that will explain it?  Many thanks in
> > advance, you guys and girls are slowly aiding me in my quest to become
> the
> > ubergeek.
>
> I think the easiest route for you here is just to download the Ubuntu
> Desktop CD version...
> --
> Kristian Erik Hermansen
> --
> "It has been just so in all my inventions. The first step is an
> intuition--and comes with a burst, then difficulties arise. This thing
> gives out and then that--'Bugs'--as such little faults and
> difficulties are called--show themselves and months of anxious
> watching, study and labor are requisite before commercial success--or
> failure--is certainly reached" -- Thomas Edison in a letter to
> Theodore Puskas on November 18, 1878

"A man is defined by the questions that he asks; and the way he goes about
finding the answers to those questions is the way he goes through life."