Wikipedia objections (Was: Re: zImage compressed with what?)

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Fri Feb 15 23:19:22 MST 2008

Alan Dayley wrote:

> I have not contributed substantial information to Wikipedia, though I
> have made some corrections and small additions here and there.  I also
--[clip]--
> the bad of Wikipedia all rolled up.
>
> And all of that came out of my understanding of what I see and read.
> I'm sure corrections to it will follow shortly!

I failed to put this complete on topic.  FS/OSS is a very strong "change
agent" now too.  Contrast it to proprietary models where change is
drastic and sudden.

FS/OSS the constant change is public, not hidden.  The choices are open
for participation instead of thrust upon the users.   Compatibility gets
broken sometimes but it is known and debated up front.

I know I am painting some extremes and ideals here.  It's really a
continuum with different projects or licenses lying along them.  But
that is harder to talk about in a brief email late at night.

Alan