IRC client

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Thu Feb 14 13:00:28 MST 2008

Shawn Badger wrote:
> I ma finally getting around to plying with IRC. Can anyone suggest a
> good IRC client?

xchat - I used this one for some time.  It works well.

epic - This is a text only client for use in a terminal.  Only such one
I have used.  It works.

Konversation - A very nice, easy to use client for KDE.  This was and
still is my favorite, though I don't use it as much anymore because...

GAIM or reanamed to Pidgin - This is the one I use most now because it
is also an instant messaging client.  It does all the "major" instant
message protocols as well as IRC.  It's good at IRC but not as good as
Konveration.  I use it most now because I'm connected to Google Talk
quite a bit at work these days, so why run to clients?

Alan