Qwest PPPoA passing with PPPoE - Can not get an address

Bryan O'Neal BONeal at cornerstonehome.com
Thu Feb 14 10:56:28 MST 2008

Never mind I fixed it BTW, I hate qwest

________________________________

From: plug-discuss-bounces at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
[mailto:plug-discuss-bounces at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us] On Behalf Of
Bryan O'Neal
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 9:32 AM
To: Main PLUG discussion list; Arizona State University Linux Users
Group
Subject: Qwest PPPoA passing with PPPoE - Can not get an address

OK, I have an action tech router/ADSL modem and I want to pass my block
of real IP addresses off to a real router.  However, I am not being
successful.  I have tried setting the real router to do PPPoE with my
quest login/password and tried setting the ADSL router into unnumbered
transparent bridging, but their is just no go.  Any thoughts?

The modem is an Actiontech 701 and I am using the Ethernet out to go to
the wan port on my Kentrox Q2400