Stupid question on suspend/resume and command-line FTP

Matrix Mole matrixm at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 19:16:00 MST 2008

On Feb 12, 2008 6:13 PM,  <fouldragon at aol.com> wrote:
> >Agreed :-)  I just glanced over your email, but you do know about
> screen right?
>
> Wasn't that the thing that let you run multiple windows in a
> command-line terminal?

Correct. Screen is really awesome. I almost refuse to use any shell
that I can't run screen in anymore.

Basically, the best description is that screen is a terminal
multiplexer. I use it for any long term compile jobs I may need to run
(and with multiple gentoo boxes in my network that can be quite a bit
sometimes).

I personally could never do the program justice. One of the first
sites I ever used for helping me optimize my screen sessions for my
own use was at:

http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2004/3/9/16838/14935

I highly recommend it for anyone who is going to be doing a lot of
command line work.

Matrix Mole