putty (was Re: vpn)

Michael Havens bmike101 at cox.net
Tue Feb 12 10:36:12 MST 2008

I put putty on the laptop (sorry..... I used dd to clean the MBR and then put
xp on it for my wife). I open putty and a configuration screen opens and
after typin the ip of the linux box it times out. I suppose this means that I
do not know how to use it. Is there supposed to be something opened on the
linuix box? I figured I should put putty on it also. Ijust thought that
perhaps if I started ssh on linux it would accept it; therefore, so after
reviewing the man page entered 'ssh -R 22:192.168.1.'. But it doesn't work.
How do I use it to begin MUD adventures?