Proposal: new "plug-offtopic" email list

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Thu Feb 7 09:59:57 MST 2008

First, please do not take this as a rebuke of anyone.  I follow and even
contribute to may of the off topic discussions in the list.  I just
think we should give them their own home.

Second, I think the social "non-Linux" aspects of the group are
important.  I know I learn to respect other PLUGgers during Linux
discussions and wish to tap into their knowledge and friendship for
other topics from time to time.  I certainly don't want to cut off the
social side of the group.  It's important.

I propose that we create another email list.  It would be called
"plug-offtopic" and would be the place for everything not Linux/FS/OSS
related.  Things in the news, politics not directly related to our
focus, car problems, whatever could be in that list.  That will maintain
plug-discuss for Linux/FS/OSS discussions and those of us that want to
talk tin-foil hats and political blow-hards can track the new list.

I am but one vote making a motion.  Any seconds?

Alan