Implications Of Yahoo-MSFT merger

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 11:03:31 MST 2008

On Feb 5, 2008 4:00 PM, Kristian Erik Hermansen
<kristian.hermansen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 5, 2008 2:55 PM, Joshua Zeidner <jjzeidner at gmail.com> wrote:
> >   oops...  http://www.parislemon.com/2008/02/google-is-like-rock-that-is-falling.html
>
> Typical head-and-shoulders pattern there :-)  Any technical analysis
> folks in the room!?!?  Hehehehe...
> --

   Just a few points:

   1: watch the healthcare sector... its not even being mentioned on
the CNBC, etc. because they're playing smoke and mirrors game once
again.  Typically whatever is being boosted by Jim Cramer the Big Boys
are trying to churn and dump.  But regardless, there will be rallies
in HC as it is currently in the regulation crosshairs.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rOVXh4xM-Ww

   2: I've been through the dot-com boom/bust and the dust is just
starting to settle on the whole thing.  The analyists who have the
power of authority in the tech sector typically use some very
primitive metrics in picking winners and losers.  But the sheer
inertia of institutional investors holds much sway over the stock
price.  We have though, fully arrived at the situation where stock
value has *practically zero relation to actual earnings*, in which
case the value is a function purely of the various information outlets
that call the shots.  At some point though, we realize were trading
pogs here and the bottom drops out.  When?  Watch your indicators very
closely, because the big boys need to get out before all the clueless
Scottrade lusers signal SELL.  There are countless people who trade on
things like; "company X just released a kick ass video game, I'm going
to buy their stock!".  It is somewhat relevant to note that Yahoo has
not rendered one single cent to its shareholders in it's entire
history.  http://tinyurl.com/ytyhl6 .  It is, according to actual
fundamentals, worthless.  Remember when Netscape was poised to conquer
the world?

  What does a return to fundamentals in the tech sector mean for the
Linux people?  Generally good, happy things... Because managers will
return to shrewd quality which in almost any given case equals OPEN
SOURCE.

  as for recent news, notice the talk about twisters?  Can you say
*distraction*?

  happy trading,

  -jmz