[OT] Weasels

Charles Jones charles.jones at ciscolearning.org
Tue Feb 5 15:23:13 MST 2008

Craig White wrote:
> But Richard...you don't have to be a weasel about it...if you had just
> asked, I would have given you my boss's e-mail address.
>
> He's seen the picture though...you're going to have to come up with
> something more creative. In the meantime, I wish you could find the
> courage to defend whatever it was that bothered you about the picture
> rather than do a scum sucking sneak attack.

Are you saying he contacted/complained to your boss?  Isn't this getting
a bit out of hand? This reminds me of a conversation I overheard in the
grocery store, where a mom received an angry call from some 14 year old
girl 3 states away...aparently her (the moms) child had posted on
MySpace that she (the caller) was a "ho". Apparently she wasn't winning
the online war of words so she decided to play the trump card - "I'll
tell your mom". :-)

Maybe we should start a PLUG Fightclub, where every month we all get
together and beat the hell out of each other over the hottest issue at
hand.  It could bring a whole new meaning to "distro wars" ;-)

Seriously though, there's nothing wrong with a heated, non ad-hominem,
online debate (in the proper forum). However, once it turns into
mud-slinging or messing with peoples real world lives (messing with
their jobs/house/car/phone/email), it usually just gets worse unless
both sides agree to just drop it.

-Charles