wirelessnot working

Jon M. Hanson jon at the-hansons-az.net
Tue Feb 5 10:21:14 MST 2008

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 12:16:07PM -0500, bmike101 at cox.net wrote:
> I had  a bout of stupidity and changed the ip address of the router. That threw linux off line  and  I called linksys support to get things going..... the guy from india (what did you say) mAde the windows box not work so after he got that going he said good bye. Linux still won't come up and I now realize that all I had to do was find out how to used  iipconfig to change the ipaddress back to what it was before I began this 'adventure'!
>
> Could you help me get linux going again?
> specs:
> linksys ip : 192.168.1.1
> laptop ip :  192.168.1.101

I'm guessing that the laptop is on a static IP address because it sounds
like the problem is that you changed the IP address of your default
gateway. With DHCP this is set for you automatically. So either
release/renew your IP address if using DHCP or change the IP address of
the default gateway to the IP address of the router if using a static IP
address.