Flamebait

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 08:10:37 MST 2008

These actions and policies have not been tried in court.  We still have a 4th amendment.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Joshua Zeidner <jjzeidner at gmail.com> wrote: On Feb 4, 2008 7:44 PM, Craig White  wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 19:12 -0700, JT Moree wrote:
> >
> > Craig White wrote:
> >
> > > as for off-topic/on-topic inflammatory statements that tend to generate
> > > long off topic discussions...
> > >
> > > KDE rules!          GNOME sucks!
> > I agree
> >
> > > Emacs rules!        vi sucks!
> > I prefer vi
> >
> > > Fedora rules!       SuSE sucks!
> > I prefer DEbian based distros but even the latest kubuntu is giving me fits.
> >

> > > You get my point - if you had merely laughed and let my comment pass, we
> > > clearly would have had 5-10 less discussions on this topic.
> >
> > and you get my point?  if you had not posted the flamebait then we would
> > not be having this discussion.  :/
> ----
> as I've already stated, that wasn't flamebait.
>
> This is flamebait...
>
> A president who proposes a record 3.1 trillion dollar budget for FY-2009
> including $515 billion for the defense department, $70 billion dollars
> for bridge spending in Iraq/Afghanistan (for only the 1st quarter of
> 2009) yet knowing that Congress has yet to act upon it's current
> 'emergency war funding request' of $110 billion while cutting Medicare
> and Medicaid benefits in the same proposal.

  I think it was called 'The Omnibus Screw Middle Class Americans Bill'.

  Anyway, every single person on PLUG should be aware of the Telecom
Immunity issue.  We are all connected to this industry and capable of
understanding this issue.  It is extremely important that YOU, as an
American understand what is happening to your rights to privacy.  The
level of privilege (economically and politically) that such powers of
surveillance afford to small, and often unnamed parties is perhaps the
greatest threat to American liberty in decades.

  -jmz

Keith Smith
(520) 207-9877
PHP Programmer