Flamebait

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 22:40:45 MST 2008

> This is flamebait...
>
> A president who proposes a record 3.1 trillion dollar budget for FY-2009
> including $515 billion for the defense department, $70 billion dollars
> for bridge spending in Iraq/Afghanistan (for only the 1st quarter of
> 2009)

 thought this is somewhat relevant and worth posting... very ominous news:

  http://www.business-standard.com/common/news_article.php?leftnm=lmnu9&subLeft=2&autono=312626&tab=r

  _4th undersea cable snaps, Qatar-UAE traffic suffers disruption_

  ""...to have three undersea cables – or is it actually four cables?
– cut in the same region in just a two-day span, strains credulity;
the more so, when we look at how the damage has played out across the
region... communication cable cutting in West Asia leaves Israel and
Iraq still connected, while completely shutting down the Iranian
internet. Funny how that works, isn't it?" asks a professor on his
site. "

 -jmz