Rasmus probably need not worry (was: Re: Implications Of Yahoo-MSFT merger)

Mike Schwartz schwartz at acm.org
Mon Feb 4 19:03:19 MST 2008

On Feb 3, 2008 5:55 AM, Jeremy Miller <jmminaz at gmail.com> wrote:

> goodbye yahoo mail, everyone will have to sign in using the M$ Office
> looking system hotmail/msn uses. And then... keep an eye out for
> Rasmus working a California Starbucks.

C'mon.  (jk - right?)
A person with good skills and abilities
(and I presume that Rasmus fits that category)
tends to have a lot of options - - especially if they
are willing to consider going (temporarily or permanently)
to [work in] some other city.
So I don't think he will switch fields -- (unless he wants to).
Someone like that tends to do something
    "if and only if" he wants to.

PS:  I do not own any Google stock, but I kinda regret that
    I did not buy some at the IPO (or within a year or so of it).
    OTOH, I am definitely glad that I do not own any M$ stock;
    if I did I would sell it, or at least sell some "deep in the money"
    covered call options.
    Not only am I not convinced that M$ stock has good
    chances of appreciating (going up);  even if I thought
    it did, I just would not like to be an owner of a co. that
    obtains money the way M$ does.  It is not my type.
Just my 0.02,
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale  AZ