MySQL - Bugzilla help

Judd Pickell pickell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 16:19:06 MST 2008

it is mysql -u <username>, not mysql -u=<username>. If you used the =
it may have dumped you in as a non-user. Which a non-user may not have
access to the database in question or to create it.

> > cheek out the DB.  As root I executed mysql -u=root (I did not get a

The following messages point it out pretty clearly as they report your
user as ''@'localhost' instead of 'root'@'localhost'. If you have
already created the user bugs try logging in with that user to see
what errors you get, or even to see if the tables have been setup yet.

> > mysql> create database bugs;
> > ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ''@'localhost'
> > <mailto:''@'localhost'>  to database 'bugs'
> > mysql> GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,INDEX,
> > ALTER,CREATE,DROP,REFERENCES ON bugs.* TO bugs at localhost
> > <mailto:bugs at localhost>  IDENTIFIED BY 'SomePassword';
> > ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user ''@'localhost'
> > <mailto:''@'localhost'>  to database 'bugs'

As for suggestions, I would make sure you have the user setup and
permissions setup properly. Those would be your main issues, based on
the error returned from bugzilla.